I’m not an expert cook and this is also not a new recipe too. But I was excited about how easily and tasty it came in the microwave without even using khoa that I decided to post it , hee hee :-). Hence the title of the post too… Thanks a LOT to my neighbor Raji for sharing this with me.
1. Red carrot – 1 Kg
2. Sugar – 1/2 kg
3. Milk – 2 cups
4. Milk powder – 1 cup
5. ghee – 1 tbsp
1. Cook grated carrot in 1 cup milk first in microwave (for around 15 mins)
2. When its half-cooked, add the remaining milk and cook carrots completely (another 10 mins)
3. After carrots are cooked completely, add the milk powder, sugar and ghee and microwave for 10 minutes.
4. Delicious gaajar halwa is ready ! Gaajar halwa is complete when there’s no liquid shimmering in the microwave vessel and the whole halwa scoops up in balls.
Here’s a pic of what I made today:
1. The actual time in the microwave may vary slightly depending on how juicy the carrots are.
2. If the carrots are very juicy, reduce the quantity of milk.
3. Do NOT add sugar initially since carrots do not cook in sugar.